Thursday, May 18, 2006

The Big 30!

It' s hard to believe it's been almost 2 months since my last post! And a crrrrazy 2 months it has been.

Spring is rolling along here - as is life. Rolling right into the 30's actually. Yes - I will be 30 tomorrow. The dreaded three - zero. It's really hard to believe that in a day a pretty significant and formative decade of my life will be over. And after all the whineing and moaning about my lack of career, chidren, house, car, RRSP, pet poodle etc that i "should" have at this age...when it's all said and done I have to say that I am more than happy to leave the 20's behind.
Good-bye to "who am i?" or "what it my purpose" or "what was i born to do and bring to the world" blah blah blah. I've grown tired and impatient with these questions. I look forward to moving past them once and for all....or at least partially.
I'm looking forward to growing in wisdom and acceptance of life in whatever form it comes in. I'm looking forward to becomeing more fully woman.
I'm looking forward to being less concerned with what "should" be and more concerned with what is.
Bring on thirty, I say.
I'm game.

I had a wonderful surprise party at Zac's this past Saturday. The community and others who I love were all there. It was a very happy time. We danced and danced. One of the best things about it was watching Marcel - one of our friends and a frequent visitor - dance around in his shiny green shirt. It was such an amazing collision of worlds and a good representation of the incredible diversity of my life over the past 7 months. To say I was appreciative was an understatement. It was beautiful.

so yeah - thats that. Not much else to report at this juncture. At this very moment all are gathering around the table getting ready to share a meal. Word has it that Maybel has come...which i am very pleased about - I have missed her around here. No doubtshe'll comment on the wieght I've gained. Gotta love her.
Must go.
Peace,
-Julia

1 comment:

ButterPeanut said...

happy birfday, drifter!